Sunday, August 25, 2013

Empire Brewing Co - Syracuse, NY

Once we got to Syracuse we stopped off at Empire Brewing Company.  They are located downstairs, but once you go down the dark stairway you walk into a really elegant, crowded restaurant.  We got lucky and got a seat at the bar. 
-We ordered a sampler, they pre select which beers go in the sampler but he substituted for me because I really wanted to try the IPA and rye IPA.  Fortunately for me those two were the only good beers I enjoyed in the sampler.  The Amber Ale was just eh, the Black Magic Stout was kind of watery, and there were to seasonal ales which I do recall the names but one was a coffee like porter that actually wasn't bad, and the other was some type of ESB of sorts which neither of us liked.
-We did not eat here but the food looked good, we planned on eating at Dinosaur BBQ down the road but there ended up being an hour wait there so I wish we would of eaten at Empire.
-If you're in Syracuse go check them out, maybe for lunch since it won't be so packed and try a couple of the brews...middleagesbrewing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment