Sunday, August 25, 2013

Woodcock Brothers Brewery - Wilson, NY

 On a long boring day we decided to take a ride out to the brand new Woodcock Brothers Brewery in Wilson, NY.  It isn't a short drive but a nice scenic one at least.  Once you get there and walk in you realize the place is HUGE.  They took an old service building and made it up to look really unique..including the giant table that used to be an elevator.

-I ordered the sampler and my favorite beer was probably their Pale Ale it was light and easy to drink.  The Amber was good, the IPA was really good too, The Summer Ale was good, the Porter was actually one of the better porters I've had, and I had one more which I cannot remember but I believe it was some type of blonde ale.

 
-We ordered pretzels which are made with the same malt used for beer...I must say these were horrible.  No taste, very thick and doughy but thankfully the mustard was good.  We had wings, which are dry rubbed and baked..I appreciate they aren't deep fried greasiness but unfortunately they didn't have tons of flavor that you typically get from a sauce.  Lastly the pizzas are the highlight..we had the hot banana pepper and the Margherita...both were extremely good, the dough was good, I was very satisfied.  
-They have some merch, including wine and beer glasses and a tshirt, I bought the red wine glass.
-The only big issue for us was the service.  From what I've been told the brewery hires mostly family and we have been stuck with an owners wife..maybe not.  Either way the service was horrendous...waiting 20 minutes for a water, never receiving a box for leftovers we asked for, and never even seeming happy to be there (mind you there were maybe 6 other customers in the whole place and she seemed to disappear for chunks of time).  This is just the type of behavior I see on Restaurant Impossible when a business is close to closing their doors...so I hope they train their staff or get an experienced staff cause I am not going back til I hear better things...but check them out and pray you don't get a bad waitress...http://woodcockbrothersbrewery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment