Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Belching Beaver Brewery - San Diego, CA

We were killing time walking around San Diego, so after the Poor House, we stopped around the corner at the Belching Beaver Brewery. They were just opening, so it was dead. Really nice inside with lots of space. 

Bartender was real helpful and nice.  I went with the 4 beer sampler, there was a choice for 6 but 4 was enough for me at that point.  I tried Dammed! DIPA, Rabid Beaver Bite Rye IPA,  Ivan The Terrible Belgian Session IPA, and Hop Highway IPA.  I didn't take notes, but none were TERRIBLE.  I recall Hop Highway was my favorite of them all, it was light and hoppy.  I also had a taste of my brothers beer which was their Peanut Butter Stout which seemed to be one of the hits at the brewery...not that was what a peanut butter stout should taste like! For that flavor of beer, they killed it!




I bought a t-shirt for my girlfriend, they had a somewhat limited selection.  But with open garage doors, sunlight and pretty good beer it is a great local brewery! Same as other San Diego breweries however...it doesn't match up to some of the best ones.  If this brewery was in most other cities, it would be fantastic, but being in San Diego it has a lot of stiff competetion! But definetely worth a visit..belchinbeaver.com

No comments:

Post a Comment