Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hamburg Brewing - Hamburg, NY

For my 30th birthday I had a beer bus travel to 3 different local breweries. This was our second stop, out in Hamburg.  Out in the middle of no where was Hamburg Brewing. Plenty of parking.
Once we went in, there is a walkway, bathrooms and then you enter the taproom/restaurant.  It almost felt like a winery...very upscale looking..and with 25 semi-drunk people it almost seemed like we were out of place.

I got the 4 beer sampler that had the IPA, No Lux IPA, OMS Stout and the Derailer.  The two IPAs were good but nothing WOW.  The OMS Stout at only 5.3% didn't have much to it.  The Derailer was the stand out here.  It was a bourbon barrel stout and was fantastic!! It sticks to it's name since the next 2 hours was a blur and definetely derailed me. 


I would like to return here to eat, but great scenery outside even though it was a cold chilly early spring day, I can imagine in the summer it is beautiful! Very unique looking brewery. Check them out! www.hamburgbrewing.com/‎

No comments:

Post a Comment