Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Salem Beer Works - Salem, MA

Salem was a great little town to visit with lots of historical places to see, restaurants, museums, and most importantly a brewery. It is located right in the heart of the city with lots of other little fun things to do, including what I recommend for ANY horror movie lover...a wax museum directly across the street it is a MUST see.
As for the brewery..it is just massive. I know it is part of a chain of other "Beer Works" places. Lots of outdoor seating and at least 40 tables in side with an extremely long stretching bar.  We were here early so it was completely dead. We sat at the beautiful bar and each ordered a 4 beer sampler.
My girlfriend got the fruit sampler which had a blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and watermelon beer.  All were pretty good, but only having 3 watermelon beers in my life this one was absolutely the best..a giant kick of watermelon in each sip.
I had the ESB, IPA, Pale Ale, and the Red.  They were all okay, nothing really blew me away.
I had the haddock sandwich which was fantastic.
I wouldn't go out of my way to come here, but I would recommend if you're in the Boston area and have time to kill take the short ride to Salem and enjoy an afternoon here and stop here for lunch and a beer you won't regret it! Check them out..www.beerworks.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment