Sunday, September 7, 2014

Horseheads Brewing Co - Horseheads, NY

Our third brewery stop of the day was not too far from Birdland Brewing Co and that is Horseheads Brewing Co.  Not a big flashy place (sorry forgot to take an outside picture but it wasn't anything too wild). Inside is a small bar and and some tables. 
We ordered the sampler of course which was $4 and you keep the glass..plus your glass is a choice of three different types.  We tasted each beer and you can see the tap list below:
First off the Pumpkin Ale was WOW. One of..if not the best pumpkin beers I've ever had. The IPA was really nice and I was a big fan, even took home a growler of it. The Black Horse which is a black ale style or a black IPA was really good..one of the best black IPAs I have ever had. Hot-Jala-Heim was a beer with a heat kick to it which I typically hate but they did it great and I'll say it again..probably the best beer I have had of this style.

My only complain the loud metal music playing but whatever I got forgot about it. It seems like a lot of locals frequent this place which is cool. We felt slightly like outsiders for a few but then we were welcomed more and it was a good time. I also like that they offer so many varieties of a growler including a keg shaped growler. Anyway do yourself a favor and check them out..www.horseheadsbrewing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment