Friday, September 12, 2014

Two Goats Brewing - Burdett, NY

Our 3rd stop on our 2nd day of the Finger Lakes Brewery Tour was Two Goats Brewing.  The only day they aren't open is Wednesdays and of course we originally planned going that day, but glad we moved things around because this place was fantastic!
Once you arrive it's a steep drive down a small stoned ramp to the parking lot.  The place is built high up to overlook the lake. Upon entering I see rustic things built in the walls and a giant high ceiling with dollar bills stuck to it which apparently people get to toss up there and eventually Two Goats donates all the money. We get a good seat at the bar and are immediately attended to.  They tell us they do not do samplers, but will give a sample of whatever I would like to try.
I tried the double IPA which was strong but real tasty. But the real winner was the Session IPA hopped with citra and simcoe. WOW this beer was top 3 sessions, maybe even #1 I have ever had.  This was the beer of the trip. I bought a $15 growler which I found a tiny bit pricey but who cared with a beer this good. I know it's that good because many other people I shared the growler with agreed and a friend who was heading to that area shortly after I was there grabbed a bunch more growlers.
They only serve 1 food item...a roast beef sandwich. And wow was this good. They freshly slice the meat there in front of you and whatever sauce that was on it....just wow.
The view from outside was great. I highly recommend coming here, it is top 3 for my Finger Lakes experience easy. www.twogoatsbrewing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment