Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Brewery Vivant - Grand Rapids, MI

Our next stop of the day was Brewey Vivant...another place a lot of locals highly recommended mostly for the burgers. First off this place is an old funeral home and looks really cool from the outside. Inside is pretty dark with a good amount of seating and a U-shape bar with about 12 seats.
-We had an interesting thing happen on this experience. First off we ordered the burgers and poutine to split. Poutine was good and the burgers that promised to be amazing didn't disappoint..I mean I have had better but it was very good. As for our weird experience...I ended up with a small hard black piece of medal in my mouth. The cook who obviously takes great pride in his kitchen was very concerned and kept trying to figure it out. He said it looked like a filling that could of came out (probable since I have a few fillings). But after searching my mouth we couldn't find any missing. Then he decided it must of came from the french frier. So the nice guy gave a homemade desert on the house and was very apologetic.  Now sadly two weeks later I did in fact find out it WAS my filling...I never take something from someone for free so I still feel guilty because I truly did not know it was my filling, but it goes to show this guy keeps a hell of a clean kitchen and has lots of pride.
-As for the beer unfortunately they aren't for me since they have a Belgian theme.  We tried the Farmhand, Hester Spelter, Maize and Blueberry, Midnight Wheat, and Triomphe Belgian. All were decent at best. Even my girlfriend who is a wheat/Belgian beer fan wasn't blown away by any of them.
-They sell beers in cans at stores, so I would say give them a shot.  But I do recommend coming in for lunch and trying some of their dishes, food is good.  They had some merchandise at the front of the restaurant just typical items and they also have one of the coolest coasters I've seen in my years.  Check them out for yourself...www.breweryvivant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment