Monday, July 22, 2013

Sprecher Brewing Company - Milwaukee, WI

Our third stop of the day was Sprecher Brewing Company. Now I do my research pretty well when I take these trips, but I missed a big one here and that is that Sprecher is not a tap room.  They have a giant gift shop, and the only way you can taste their beers (without buying the bottles in the gift shop) is to take the tour.  I'm typically not a fan of brewery tours...seen one seen them all, BUT we had no choice. It was 5$ and you get 4 samples at the end of the tour AND a glass to keep so how could I complain? The tour was about 15-20 minutes and I made sure we were closest to the door when the tour was over so we could be first in line to get our samples.
-Between the 3 of us we tried Hop on Top which was interesting not sure if I liked it or not, IPA was good, Summer Pils wasn't bad, Hard Root Beer was really good, Black Bavarian was okay, Russian Imperial Stout was real nice, Abby Triple was smooth, Special Amber wasn't bad, Redhead Ale was tasty and Witty was smooth.
-Staff was nice, the tour was cool, and apparently they're known as the best tour in Milwaukee so I guess I'm glad we did it it was fun.  They also host private parties in the brewery which could be cool.  I recommend checking them out, I believe you have to reserve the tour online (we got really lucky just walking in and a tour starting).  Reserve online...www.sprecherbrewery.com/‎


No comments:

Post a Comment