Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Herkimer Pub & Brewery - Minneapolis, MN

Next stop was Herkimer Pub & Brewery located in a very busy part of town, but it was a nice area with lots of restaurants and shopping. This place was a good size with a giant oval bar center and lots of booths and tables scattered throughout.  I usually wouldn't review this but I will say the bathroom was VERY nice, and they also have piles of board games to play with your friends.
-We started off with a sampler which consisted of Gose Weizen which was decent, Eva Belgian Saison was okay, Irish Stout was watery, and Baltic Vanilla Porter was the stand out of this group of beers. Unfortunately no IPA or even a Pale Ale.
-We ordered pretzels which is a staple of most breweries and these were some of the best I've had, along with AWESOME dipping sauces..yes I'm reviewing sauces but they were damn good.
-As always I asked our bartender for stickers and/or coasters.  Unfortunately neither..BUT she had someone go downstairs and found me a set of coasters in a steel case and gave them to me for free..that stood out to me as GREAT customer service.
-All in all this place is nice for eating, a hang out or if you need a beer while your other members of your party are shopping around the area. I don't recommend it for the beers but a nice place as a restaurant.  Check em out...www.theherkimer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment