Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wolverine State Brewing - Ann Arbor, MI

Next stop on our Ann Arbor trip was Wolverine State Brewing. I didn't know much about this place, but once I got there I realized they specialize in lagers.  There is lots of private parking, and inside it's a good size with a few tables and a massively long bar.  They had a few pieces of merchandise on the walls.  The bartender was really nice and knowledgeable, they also had some pretty cool music playing.
-As for the beer Gulo Gulo IPL was real nice smooth and hoppy, Au Sable Rye IPL not bad, Virtuous White IPL not bad, Scavenger IPL Aged on Soft Maple not bad, Abalus Amber pretty good, Insolent Mink IPA unique but not for me, Volitionist Stout Lager not bad,   Common Reaction California Common not bad, and Drag Me to Helles not bad.
-Overall I didn't LOVE the beers, a couple of the IPLs were good...different taste for me but I liked a couple.  But the setting is cool, service was good and it's in the city so if you're in Ann Arbor I would def recommend them! Check em out...wolverinebeer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment