Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Schmohz Brewing - Grand Rapids, MI

Right next to our hotel was Schmohz Brewing so we hit them up before going home to get ready for the night.  I will start off by unfortunately saying this is top 5 worst breweries I've been to . The inside, while very roomy was mostly pool tables, some high tables and a small bar.  Good size but a lot of wasted space.  The bartender was an older woman, she was polite and kept conversation going with a few locals who seem to be regulars. 
-I can get over dingy bars if they have fantastic beer, but this was the worst beer I've had.  Maybe it was because it was a long day of drinking, but all the beers I drank tasted the same to me...just all watered down and lacking much body.  I tried the Hopknocker IPA which was malty and decent at best, the regular IPA was eh, Stumbling Monk was just basic, Pail Ale was tasteless, Bloody Red was decent.
-It seems like a fun place to just go and hang out, but I bet they mostly serve regulars, They don't really have merchandise but they do sell their posters and it is one thing I will give them props on...awesome designs for their beers and they sell the posters for 2$...GREAT DEAL! I hate to put down a nice place with good people, but when it comes to the beer steer clear! But hey if you want to find out for yourself be my guest...schmohz.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment