Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Haymarket Pub & Brewery - Chicago, IL

Our last stop of the night was more into downtown Chicago at the Haymarket Pub & Brewery.  Lots of seating..inside and outside, we got a bar table.  Our waitress was very friendly, ordered a little app and got a beer sampler of course.  The one thing I will say I didn't like and its silly but hey it bothered me...the bathroom is downstairs and it has a small step that I KNOW for a fact plenty of really drunk people may kill themselves on, just saying.
-As for the beer we had the Ombibulous IPA it was good, Defender American Stout that was good, Rubber Monkey Belgian Wheat IPA not bad, Buckledown Fiddlesticks IPA was eh, and Mathias Imperial was my favorite of them all. I get worried when a brewery makes too many IPAs and none are that good, unfortunately this is one of them but I did enjoy the Imperial IPA so I'll give them that.
-The chicken wings were tasty and not too expensive.
-All in all it was it's worth a visit for a quick snack and quick beer. I do like their glass, I bought it at the small merch stand they have at the entrance along with typical brewery merch.  Check them out..haymarketbrewing.com/‎

No comments:

Post a Comment