Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Witches Hat Brewing - South Lyon, MI

Next stop was Witches Hat which is a hike from Ann Arbor north but I liked the look of this place.  Not sure if it was just my GPS but we had to go through lots of back roads, so I didn't love the drive. We ended up there and found it to be located in a plaza.  The place isn't big, only a few tables (which all had really cool designs made out of bottle caps as you can see below), and a small bar.  The bartender was a really nice girl who knew about the beer.  The place was clean, and I always like that in a brewery. 
-Most breweries we went to had a Mug Club..which is if you don't know when you pay a yearly fee, and when you come in you get your own mug which hangs or sits on the wall, and you get discounted beers, growlers, etc.  Each place does something different with their mugs and I will say this place by far had the coolest mugs I have seen on the trip.
-As for the beer we had the sampler for course which had Bear Ass Wheat which was smooth and light, Witch Hunt Stout was nice, That Guy Session IPA was exceptionally good...very hoppy and I wish I would of bought a growler it was that good, Train Hopper IPA was very smooth, and Big Doedish Double IPA was strong but not a great after taste.
-Overall it's a little out of the way if you're doing a Ann Arbor brew tour but not THAT far...I would recommend making the trip early before it's too crowded and trying a few of these exceptional beers. They also sell jewelry which is cool...but check them out for yourself..witchshatbrewing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment