Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Surly Brewing Co - Minneapolis, MN

Day 6 of our trip started off with a LONG drive, stuck in traffic and finally making it to the Surly Brewing Company.  Just recently they opened their taproom up to the public and while the taproom is small I liked it a lot. It wasn't too crowded, the bartenders were nice, they have a good sized gift shop and I just enjoyed the whole visit.
-As for the beer I had to start off with the Furious IPA which is why I came here..it didn't disappoint very flavorful and hoppy, next was Overrated West Coast IPA (had to get it in a can it wasn't on tap) which was also very good (I liked Furious better but both were very good), I also tried the Cynical which was smooth, Hell which was nice and smooth and the Smokedager which was good.
-I was disappointed they didn't sell the beer in cans for mass purchase, but we found a place nearby that was plenty stocked and bought a few cases. I will note they say you cannot get their beer warm because it's made to constantly be cold, and my Surly sat in my trunk for 4 days and once I got home and got it cold...it tasted just as good. The brewery was nice, clean, friendly, they have a couple pieces of merch that are free which I always think is nice and if I had the chance I would definitely stop in there again..check em out..www.surlybrewing.com


No comments:

Post a Comment