Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Goose Island Brewery - Chicago, IL

On our fourth day, after a long trip to the Shedd Aquarium and Art Museum, we just wanted dinner and a beer and I never had even realized Goose Island was in the area. While I have never been a huge fan of their beer, I figured I should try it for the history. I am glad I did! We went to the original brewery (there are other locations throughout the city). Our waitress was extremely friendly. They had a gift shop stand with plenty of merch to offer.  We of course got the sampler...
-All Purpose IPA was nice and smooth, the regular IPA was decent, Silver Jubilee was strong and malty it was eh, Lions Share Imperial wasn't bad, Dove Summer Ale was light and drinkable but nothing special, Willow St. Wit not bad it was tasty, Sofie Oak Aged Belgian Farmhouse good but not my taste, Strawberry Rhubarb Saison was tasty, and the Black Candle Stout was toasty and tasty.
-As for dinner I had the BBQ pulled pork it was really good, I also tried the veggie burger which was really good, and along with my sandwich I had beans and coleslaw which were both really good. 
-While Goose Island won't have the best beer in Chicago, it was classy, clean, the beer wasn't horrible, staff was very helpful and I enjoyed the experience. It's also got private lots all around for parking including a place called Binny's Beverage Depot right next to it which had a LOT of good beers for sale. Check them out...www.gooseisland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment