Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ballast Point Brewery - San Diego, CA

I now know the juggernaut that is Ballast Point. I have yet to have one of their beers I don't like..the Sculpin is just perfection, Big Eye IPA is delicious, Amber is delicious, the Pale Ale is really good, I even liked the Lager and I'm not a lager fan. I got to try their IPL a few weeks ago, and it was outstanding. The jalapeno Sculpin not a huge fan.  The Imperial Porter is phenomenal, their Dorado Double IPA is really good. The Tongue Buckler Red is good. If you can't tell I'm a big Ballast Point fan.
-Now I was shocked to see the brewery once we got there...in a plaza and not too big. When you step inside it's mostly just merchandise, brew supplies and a small bar for tasting (I went two years ago not sure if anything has changed).
-Each taste was $1 and the bartender just kept a little check list. In my years of brewery trips I will say they have quite the collection of collectibles.I can't recall ALL the beers I tried, but as I listed above they're all good!
-All in all Ballast Point is a fun brewery to visit, and I wish I appreciated them as much as I do now. Check them out! www.ballastpoint.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment